“Since its founding, Tekoa Farms has endeavored to broaden its range of unique food items for the Israeli table, to achieve the highest standards and respond to growing demand from our customers for natural and healthy food… Today, thanks to wide variety, easy availability and low prices, “our treasures” can be found in almost every kitchen in Israel.”
Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Ginger & Honey
By Tekoa Farms
- 4 chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 shallot onions, chopped
- 1 bag of Tekoa Farms dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 4 tbsps white wine/semi-dry
- 4 tbsps honey
- 1 cups water
- a small amount of salt and pepper
- 1/4 bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp peeled pine nuts
- Heat oil in a wide and flat pot. Brown chicken pieces and remove from pan.
- Steam onions in the same pot, mix with a wooden spoon until they become light yellow.
- Add paprika, ginger, garlic, and honey to onions. Mix over high heat for 1 minute. Add wine. Reduce heat.
- Return chicken to pot. Add water and lemon juice. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Soak dried tomatoes in warm water for 10 minutes. Remove tomatoes from water. Cut into thick strips. Gently add tomatoes to the pot, in between pieces of chicken. Continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pot cover and continue to cook until sauce is a thick glaze.
- Add basil before the end of cooking. Decorate with pine nuts.
"A Taste of the Heartland"
To get more recipes and learn about some of Lev Haolam’s Suppliers, contact us to purchase the Lev Haolam Cookbook, “A Taste of the Heartland,” written by Yonat Rom, both a pioneer of Judea and Samaria and wife of Lev Haolam’s founder Nati Rom.