“Since its founding, Tekoa Farms has endeavored to broaden its range of unique food items for the Israeli table, to achieve the highest standards and respond to growing demand from our customers for natural and healthy food… Today, thanks to wide variety, easy availability and low prices, “our treasures” can be found in almost every kitchen in Israel.”
By Tekoa Farms
Originally featured on tekoafarms.co.il
- 1 bag of Tekoa Farms Mushroom Risotto
- 1/3 cup canola oil or other good quality vegetable oil
- 1 onion or 3 shallots – chopped.
- 1 tsp salt
- A pinch of pepper
- 900 ml (3.75 cups) water
- 40 grams (1.4 oz) butter
- 100 ml (a half cup) sweet cream
- 3 tbsp grated parmigiana cheese
- Heat the oil on medium flame and sauté the onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and mushroom mixture, salt and pepper, and continue to sauté for another minute or until the rice is heated.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and continue to cook uncovered for about 15 minutes while intermittently stirring with a wooden spoon until the water is absorbed by the rice and a creamy consistency is attained.
- Add the sweet cream and continue to stir until the sweet cream is well mixed into the rice.
- Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Remove from the flame. Gently stir in the butter and grated parmigiana cheese until the butter is melted. The rice should be moist but a small hard dot should remain in the middle of the grains.
- Serve immediately.
Tekoa Farms was founded by Mira Weigensberg and Oren Kessler in 1986. They specialize in cultivation of high quality fruits and vegetables. Tekoa Farms is located not far from the ancient palace of King Herod on Mount Herodion, and has an unforgettable view. The hills of the desert lay on one side while lush greenery can be seen on the other.