Dried Fruit Cookies Ingredients:
(Makes about 25 cookies)
- 1 stick (110g) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp (6g) baking powder
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1 cup mix of dried fruits (cranberries, plums, apricots and raisins)
- 1 1/4 cup (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy, then add eggs, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir well.
3. Add baking powder and flour and mix until well blended. Stir in dry fruits.
4. Pour the dough into one long loaf or 2 smaller loafs into the prepared baking tray. The dough is pretty sticky so you can wet your spatula or use flour to be able to give the right shape.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes. Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices and place them on the baking tray. Bake for another 15-17 minutes until golden brown.