Purim Cookies Oznei Haman Ingredients:
FOR SHORTBREAD COOKIE DOUGH:
- Unsalted butter – 170 grams ( 1 1/2 stick)
- White sugar – 225 grams (1 cup)
- All-purpose flour – 440 grams
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- Vanilla (or orange extract) – 2 tsp
- Orange juice – 4 tsp
- Chocolate – 200 grams (7 oz)
- Whipping cream – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
1. Sift and combine together flour, baking powder, salt. Cream butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla or orange extract. Next, add egg and egg yolk one at a time. Add flour and orange juice.
2. Divide the dough into two and Form each into a flat disc. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.Roll the dough using as little flour as possible.
3. Using a 3 inch round cookie cutter cut as many discs as you can. Place a small teaspoon of filling in the center of the disc.
4. Dampen the disc edges very lightly with water or egg white.
5. Preheat the oven at 180 C / 360 F. Bake in a preheated oven for about
12 - 14 minutes.