“Since its founding, Tekoa Farms has endeavored to broaden its range of unique food items for the Israeli table, to achieve the highest standards and respond to growing demand from our customers for natural and healthy food… Today, thanks to wide variety, easy availability and low prices, “our treasures” can be found in almost every kitchen in Israel.”
By Tekoa Farms
- Soak the mushroom mix in a cup of hot water for about ½ an hour.
- Fry the garlic over a low flame until light brown, add the shallots and ginger and continue to fry until the garlic
becomes dark brown but not burned.
- Add the chicken/vegetable broth.
- Drain and squeeze the water out of the mushrooms and add to the soup. (Save the mushroom liquid)
- Add the mushroom liquid and bring to a simmer for a few minutes; season with lemon and salt to taste.
- In a serving bowl arrange green onions, hot peppers, sprouts and cilantro and pour the soup into the bowl.
*It is recommended to add rice noodles to the soup that have been soaked in cold water an hour previously.
"A Taste of the Heartland"
To get more recipes and learn about some of Lev Haolam’s Suppliers, contact us to purchase the Lev Haolam Cookbook, “A Taste of the Heartland,” written by Yonat Rom, both a pioneer of Judea and Samaria and wife of Lev Haolam’s founder Nati Rom.