Piquant Soup By Tekoa Farms Ingredients:
- 1 bag of Tekoa Farms dried mushrooms
- 4 diced cloves of garlic
- 2 thinly diced shallots
- 2 teaspoons of thinly diced ginger root
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- thinly diced scallions
- a handful of bean sprouts,
- 3 tablespoons of diced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of lemon/lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 spicy pepper, diced
1. Soak the mushroom mix in a cup of hot water for about ½ an hour.
2. Fry the garlic over a low flame until light brown, add the shallots and ginger and continue to fry until the garlic
becomes dark brown but not burned.
3. Add the chicken/vegetable broth.
4. Drain and squeeze the water out of the mushrooms and add to the soup. (Save the mushroom liquid)
5. Add the mushroom liquid and bring to a simmer for a few minutes; season with lemon and salt to taste.
6. In a serving bowl arrange green onions, hot peppers, sprouts and cilantro and pour the soup into the bowl.
*It is recommended to add rice noodles to the soup that have been soaked in cold water an hour previously.