Turkey Stuffed Zucchini Wraps By Adina Harris Ingredients:
- 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) ground turkey
- 4 long Zucchini
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, oregano and paprika
- Olive oil
- Pack of mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- Tomato Sauce
*If you want to be adventurous, you can use this recipe to create individual moussaka wraps by substitute the ground turkey with ground meat and the zucchini with eggplant.
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F
2. Wash the zucchini and use a peeler to peel zucchini in the same place repeatedly to get strips. The longer the zucchini the easier it will be to make the wrap.
3. Take the mushrooms and onions, saute over olive oil with salt and pepper until cooked/soft. Set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbs. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add in ground turkey.
5. Flavor with salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, oregano and paprika to taste.
6. Mix everything together and, using a wooden spoon or spatula, break the meat into small pieces and cook until lightly browned.
7. Place two zucchini strips vertically, and two horizontally so that they are perpendicular. It should look like a plus sign. Spoon in some turkey and some of the mushroom mixture.
8. Fold the bottom/top of the zucchini strips over the filling, then the left/right strips, to create the wrap.
9. In a pan, cover the bottom with tomato sauce, then place the zucchini wraps inside. Drench the remaining tomato sauce over the wraps and put in the oven for 30 min. Enjoy!